Through interactive keynotes, virtual and in-person facilitated discussion or workshops, speakers from The Beryl Institute team provide unique expertise and insights on patient experience and offer direct leadership development and skills building specific to your organization or event.
Speakers from the Institute cover topics that range in the following areas:
- Future of Human Experience 2030: A Dynamic Framework for Healthcare
- What Matters Most to Patients and Families During Times of Crisis
- Experience Across the Continuum of Care
- Guiding Principles for Experience Excellence
- Elevating the Human Experience in Healthcare at a Time of Crisis
- To Care is Human: Patient Experience – The New Strategic Heart of Healthcare
Click on each speaker's profile below to view short bios, relevant credentials and speaking clips. To request a speaker for your event or inquire on availability and pricing, please complete the contact form at the bottom of the page.
Facilitated by team members of The Beryl Institute, PX Workshops are an opportunity to elevate your professional development strategies on your organizational patient experience journey. To begin exploring the available leadership or staff development
opportunities for your organization, simply click on each workshop title for full descriptions and objectives.
PX Workshops are eligible for Patient Experience Continuing Education credits (PXEs) pending approval. Participants interested in receiving PXEs must attend the entire workshop and complete the workshop survey within 30 days of completion. Partial credits will not be awarded.
Thinking about taking the CPXP examination, but unsure where to start your preparation? The Beryl Institute’s Patient Experience (PX) Body of Knowledge faculty offers interactive prep workshops reviewing the four domains outlined
in the Certified Patient Experience Professional Classification System on which the CPXP examination is based. The course will share content from the PX Body of Knowledge courses related to the domains and job tasks and provide
an opportunity to test your understanding of key concepts. In addition, participants will receive The Beryl Institute's CPXP workbook offering recommendations and important considerations as you develop a personal study plan
in preparation for the CPXP examination.
- Review content from the PX Body of Knowledge courses most related to the CPXP Classification System
- Test your understanding of key concepts
- Gain insights and strategies in preparing for the CPXP Examination
- Interact with current CPXPs as they share recommendations & insights in achieving the CPXP Designation
*CPXP Prep Courses are currently offered on specific dates listed here. This interactive workshop is an opportunity to provide the course in-person and directly to your organization and employees.
Patient Experience matters and remains a top priority globally for healthcare organizations as evidenced by our State of the Patient Experience study. The role of leadership and culture as motivators is a critical component of
the integrated effort required to drive clear and measurable outcomes. During this workshop participants will learn a variety of strategies, tools and tactics to lead your team in delivering excellence in experience. We’ll
explore how creating cultures that facilitate a discovery of purpose for you and your employees is a motivating factor to do outstanding work. Through facilitated discussion and hands on learning, participants will develop
a plan using a simple framework that will equip your team for success.
- Review highlights from the most recent State of Patient Experience and Perspectives on Consumer studies
- Explore the critical elements of fostering relationships, enhancing engagement, and driving accountability in delivering excellence in experience
- Identify specific actions you can take to support your teams in delivering their best in experience every day
In this full-day workshop, participants will be lead through a series of steps in order to: 1) Understand the organization’s current strategy for partnering with community members in order to improve the patient experience 2) Define
what partnership practices will deliver the best ROI and 3) Design a PX Improvement Action Plan that is both innovative and customized for maximum efficacy
This workshop begins with a deep analysis of current community partnership efforts and how those relate to the organization’s strategic plan and current satisfaction data. Once this baseline is established, facilitators from The
Beryl Institute lead participants through a series of exercises to identify where to prioritize their efforts. Based on these priorities, participants and facilitators will utilize a patient experience landscape in order to
pair known best practices with the current needs and opportunities. A final step in the workshop process is to use design theory exercises in order to ensure the PX Improvement Action Plans developed include the highest level
of partnership innovation and customization, therefore meeting the specific needs of the organization while maximizing resources. Participants will end the day by co-designing a concrete set of steps to be implemented over
the following 3 – 9 months.
- Guide staff to reflect on where your organization stands on community partnerships and PX Improvement strategy
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Align specific community partnership strategies with identified needs/gaps
- Co-design PX Improvement Action Plan to drive patient experience success
Note, for maximum impact, this workshop ideally follows an assessment of your current patient experience.
In this full-day workshop, participants will gain insights on eight essential actions for organizations to embrace to be best positioned for experience improvement. These principles serve as aspirational and affirmative statements
about where we as individuals, organizations and collectively, as the patient experience movement, should focus our efforts. This workshop will also share these eight qualities and actions consistently identified in The Beryl
Institute’s member organizations most successful in their patient experience efforts.
- Guide your staff to reflect on where your organization stands on each guiding principle
- Identify opportunities for improvement and recommended actions
- Align key priorities and opportunities specific to your environment
- Provide renewed commitment from team members to implement necessary changes to drive patient experience success
We work with organizations to provide customized workshops to support organizational improvement in addressing the patient experience challenges and opportunities. Custom programs are tailored to your audience, incorporate your
organization’s mission, vision and values and aim to positively impact and transform your organizational culture. Be prepared to challenge your thinking, explore new ideas, reignite your passion and build a plan of action around
what matters in patient experience excellence to your organization.
Complete the form below to request a speaking engagement from The Beryl Institute.