Since 2011, The Beryl Institute releases findings from the biennial benchmarking study of The State of Patient Experience, revealing the complex reality facing the patient experience movement. We encourage you to participate in the fifth biennial survey now open. See details below.
Coming soon: 2019 State of Patient Experience Survey
The State of Patient Experience: A Return to Purpose
The full research report from the Institute's latest benchmarking study provides insights into trends in structure and practice, leadership and measurement and offers core considerations for organizations looking to lead in experience excellence. The largest research of its kind, the study engaged almost 1,700 respondents from 26 countries representing six continents sharing the challenges and opportunities they are facing and the steps they are taking to address the patient experience.
According to the research:
- Experience efforts are expanding and are now an integral part of the fabric of our healthcare efforts.
- Patient experience remains a top priority with a focus on employee engagement now seen as a central driver in experience efforts.
- Leadership and culture are now the significant motivators versus the historic focus on mandates and requirements, and there is a recognition of the impact that patient/family voice and caregiver engagement has on the work of healthcare.
- Patient experience itself continues to establish presence with the role of patient experience leaders, experience team size and the use of a formal definition on the rise.
- Patient experience is now being recognized as an integrated effort touching on much of what we do in healthcare and one that drives clear and measurable outcomes.
> Download the Complimentary Report
In acknowledging their commitment to the patient experience movement, this year’s study is made possible with the support of Philips, a global leader in health technology.
Learn more about the findings in The Beryl Institute's complimentary webinar replay:
The State of Patient Experience 2017
Presented by Jason A. Wolf, Ph.D., President, The Beryl Institute
> Access Replay