The State of Patient Experience 2019: A Call to Action for the Future of Human Experience
The State of Patient Experience 2019: A Call to Action for the Future of Human Experience engaged over 1,000 healthcare organization voices from 34 countries across six continents and shares trends, identifies changes, elevates challenges and shares insights on patient experience including how healthcare professionals are structuring their experience efforts across the globe.
Since the launch of its first biennial benchmarking study in 2011, the Institute continues to expand the conversation on experience. It has evolved from something that healthcare does to what healthcare is and will need to be. The study reinforces the idea that experience is essential to the future of healthcare and through community, greater change can be achieved.
The study reveals relevant and practical data and insights, providing clarity on the state of patient experience across the continuum of care. According to the research:
- Patient experience efforts continue to mature and remain established within healthcare organizations.
- An integrated view of experience continues to be supported and is grounded int he engagement of patients and families.
- Focused leadership remains the greatest support of experience, while diluted leadership emerges as the biggest roadblock.
- Culture is vital for achieving positive experience efforts, signifying a growing recognition that the types of organizations we build in healthcare are the foundations for experience provided.
- Healthcare organizations are utilizing social media feedback as a tool to measure their overall improvement in patient experience.
This year's study was conducted in partnership with Service Management Group.