Consumer Perspectives on Patient Experience 2018
Healthcare professionals have taken major steps to understand, measure, and improve the Patient & Family Experience. But do consumers really care about this? How do they see and define a positive patient/family experience? What matters most to
them when they think about their own health and using healthcare resources?
The full research report from the inaugural study, Consumer Perspectives on Patient Experience 2018 is now available. The first of its kind global research, the study engaged 2,000 respondents across four continents. It shares the perspectives of consumers
of healthcare on the patient experience, its importance, the critical factors that impact its success and how it will influence individual choices in healthcare.
According to the research:
- 91% of consumers confirm patient experience is extremely/very important to them overall and is significant to the healthcare decisions they will make
- 78% of consumers identify their personal health and wellbeing as the primary reason that patient experience is important
- 69% of consumers believe a good experience contributes to their healing/good health outcomes
- Consumers affirm that human interactions are most important to them in assessing patient experience, followed by the processes they encounter and then the place in which they receive care
- Consumers offer that being listened to, communicated to in a way they can understand and treated with dignity and respect are the three most important factors influencing their experiences
- 72% of consumers identify recommendations of family and friends as important in their decisions about healthcare
> Download the Report
Access to the report is included with membership. Non-Members can purchase the report at a cost of $29.95.
In acknowledging their commitment to the patient experience movement, the
study is made possible with the support of
Studer Group, a Huron Solution and research partner SMG (Service Management Group).
Learn more about
the findings in The Beryl Institute's complimentary webinar replay:
The Patient Experience Consumer Study 2018: Insights and Opportunities for Action
Presented by Jason A. Wolf, PhD, CPXP, President, The Beryl Institute, Debbie Landers, Innovation and Product Leader, Studer
Group, Hala Durrah, Patient/Family Engagement Advocate and Sean Rodriguez, Vice President & Advisor to the Office of Experience, Engagement and Organizational Development, Hartford HealthCare
> Access Replay