|Applications for the inaugural Physician Council will be accepted through May 21, 2019.
> Apply Now
The Physician Council represents a group of physicians committed to engaging with one another, sharing ideas and expanding the engagement of physicians in The Beryl Institute community.
To strategically build a network of Physicians who will:
- Share knowledge, resources and learning with council members on a standard basis through calls or in-person meetings
- Work collaboratively with The Beryl Institute Executive Team to:
- Develop a strategy for engaging Physician Leaders in the broader patient experience movement as well as inform the efforts of the Institute.
- Advise The Beryl Institute on topics of relevance and issues pertaining to Physicians
- Support the development of a content pipeline for publications, webinars and other resources from the Institute for Physicians based on critical areas of interest
- Guide program development relevant to Physicians for the PX Conference and other events and programming
- Serve as an ambassador for The Beryl Institute, helping to spread the word about the value of the organization and make connections to others.
- The Physician Council shall consist of individuals who have active membership with The Beryl Institute and have a demonstrated passion in patient experience within a healthcare provider organization.
- Council members must express their interest via online application and hold a role or perspective relevant to the focus of the respective council.
- Approval of participation in a Council is at the discretion of The Beryl Institute.
- Removal from a Council is at the discretion of The Beryl Institute based on conduct or actions of a council member such as, but not limited to violating member confidentiality, elevating negative discourse or creating a hostile or harmful environment.
- Officers of the Physician Council shall include 3-4 positions of Co-Chair. They will hold their positions for a two (2) year term.
The Physician Council Leadership provides practical advice on strategy, growth opportunities and future plans for the community.#
- 2019-2020 Co-Chairs:
- Harris Baden, M.D., Director, Cardiac Intensive Care Unit, Seattle Children’s Hospital
- Justin Bright, M.D., CPXP, Department of Emergency Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital
- Alison Tothy, M.D., CPXP, Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Pediatric Emergency Medicine, University of Chicago Medicine and Biological Sciences Division
- Brandon Parkhurst, M.D., MBA, CPXP, Medical Director, Adult and Primary Care, Marshfield Clinic Health System
The Physician Council will meet 3-4 times annually, 2-3 virtually and once in conjunction with Patient Experience Conference.