Patient Experience Policy Forum Charter
Who We Are
The Patient Experience Policy Forum (PXPF) is a broad-based coalition of organizations and individuals engaged in advocacy and action to give a greater voice in health care policy to those working to improve the patient and family experience. We recognize the growing imperative to influence and help shape policy at the national and state levels on issues that directly affect the patient and family experience.
What We Stand For
We believe that the interests of patients and families must drive all public policy aimed at improving the health care experience.
We advocate for policies that will:
- Advance Patient-Provider Partnerships: Patients and families and their clinical care providers must be at the table at all levels of health care policy-making.
- Strengthen Support for Patient and Family Involvement: Patients and families must be provided with education, tools and support to effectively participate in policy-making and in their own care.
- Strengthen Support for Professional Involvement: Health care professionals must be provided with education, tools and support to build effective relationships with patients and families.
- Reduce Disparities: Disparities in the care experienced by patients and families from vulnerable and marginalized populations must be reduced or eliminated entirely.
- Improve Patient-Centered Measurement and Reporting: Methods of assessing and reporting patient experience must be made more efficient and effective for both patients and providers.
- Elevate the Value Case: The direct connection of patient experience to health care outcomes must be clearly defined and integrated into all relevant policy and reimbursement structures.
What We Do
The PXPF seeks to influence specific public policy priorities by building alliances to leverage and advance our common interests. We convene policy forums, educate policy makers directly, sponsor advocacy events, and provide periodic publications and communication updates and calls to action.
How We Are Governed and Funded
The PXPF operates under the aegis of The Beryl Institute in partnership with its non-profit affiliate Patient Experience Institute and is governed by an independent Executive Board representing health care organizations, patient and family advisors and advocacy groups. Funding is provided through sliding scale membership fees, foundation grants, and other support.
> Download the Charter PDF
Consider becoming a member of PXPF. Join today.
For more information or questions please contact: email@example.com