Connecting Senior-level Experience Leaders
Designed from the vision and extensive input of The Beryl Institute community, the Experience Leaders Circle (XLC) brings together senior-level experience leaders for sustained and purposeful connection, learning, conversation and sharing in a safe, confidential, supportive and affirmative environment.
XLC members meet in-person three times per year, once in conjunction with Patient Experience Conference. In addition, members have access to a virtual infrastructure for connection between meetings. Members will also generate a comprehensive and dynamic repository of information on experience strategy, structure, and solutions for shared learning and discussion.
Who is eligible to join?
XLC participation is open to senior-level experience leaders (Chief Experience Officer, VP Experience roles, etc.) in healthcare delivery organizations who are members of The Beryl Institute community. The XLC is comprised of one representative per participating organization.
When are the meetings?
The XLC meets in-person three times per year, once in conjunction with the annual Patient Experience Conference (April) and two additional times hosted by member organizations (June/July and Oct/Nov). In addition, quarterly virtual meetings are held via video conference.
Is there a fee to participate?
There is a $3,000 annual fee which includes registration for Patient Experience Conference as well as all meeting costs (materials, meals, etc.) Participants are responsible for all meeting travel arrangements and expenses.
Who are the current members?
To date, senior-level experience leaders from over 40 leading healthcare organizations have committed to participate in the 2020 Experience Leaders Circle. Members represent healthcare systems, hospitals, comprehensive cancer centers and senior living organizations in the United States and abroad.
Are there guidelines for participation?
Members agree to adhere to the Experience Leaders Circle Rules of Engagement:
- The XLC is a community of individuals committed to sustained and purposeful connection, learning, conversation and sharing in a supportive and affirmative environment.
- The XLC is a safe and confidential environment where the ideas and information discussed are focused solely on our collective improvement and are not to be shared or attributed to members or their organizations outside the circle.
- The XLC is not a place for product or solution promotion, but rather collective support, shared creation and solution development.
- The XLC as a learning environment does not advocate or look to speak as one voice (other outlets in the Institute community provide that opportunity), rather the XLC holds a safe place for divergent ideas and perspectives that can benefit all members of the group.
- Members commit to participate in and foster an environment of collaboration and an open sharing of ideas.
- Members come with a willingness to hear, listen to and strive to understand all perspectives.
- Members commit to honor and support civil discourse among members and others and recognize this is reflected in positive and constructive interactions, not negative and destructive communications.
- Membership in XLC is at the discretion of The Beryl Institute and if it is deemed a member is in violation of any of these principles, membership can be revoked.
If you have questions or would like additional information, please contact Rina Galehouse, Executive Administrator at
firstname.lastname@example.org or at 866.488.2379 x 706.