Connecting Senior-level Experience Leaders
Designed from the vision and extensive input of The Beryl Institute community, the Experience Leaders Circle (XLC) brings together senior-level experience leaders for sustained and purposeful connection, learning, conversation and sharing in a safe, confidential, supportive and affirmative environment.
XLC members meet in-person three times per year, once in conjunction with Patient Experience Conference. In addition, members have access to a virtual infrastructure for connection between meetings. Members will also generate a comprehensive and dynamic repository of information on experience strategy, structure, and solutions for shared learning and discussion.
Who is eligible to join?
XLC participation is open to senior-level experience leaders (Chief Experience Officer, VP Experience roles, etc.) in healthcare delivery organizations who are members of The Beryl Institute community. The XLC is comprised of one representative per participating organization.
Is there a fee to participate?
There is a $2,000 annual fee for 2021 (January to December), which includes the items listed below as well as any related meeting costs (materials, meals). Participants are responsible for all travel arrangements and expenses for any in-person meetings held.
What does participation in XLC include?
2021 participation fee includes:
- Weekly XLC Check-ins. These meetings allow for direct conversation on the most timely issue for XLC members. All check-in meeting have archived notes shared with the full XLC.
- Monthly XLC Innovation Hours. A monthly opportunity to hear from solution providers around key areas of interest to learn about current products and solutions in a safe and structured environment. Innovation Hours are recorded and archived for review when needed.
- Quarterly XLC Virtual Workshops. The quarterly workshops will allow for presentations from members and deeper dive conversations to address critical issues of importance to XLC members.
- Access to the 2021 Patient Experience Conference.
- Participation in an exclusive XLC Repository.
Who are the current members?
In 2020, senior-level experience leaders from over 40 leading healthcare organizations have committed to participate in the Experience Leaders Circle. Members represent healthcare systems, hospitals, comprehensive cancer centers and senior living organizations in the United States and abroad.
Are there guidelines for participation?
Members agree to adhere to the Experience Leaders Circle Rules of Engagement:
- The XLC is a community of individuals committed to sustained and purposeful connection, learning, conversation and sharing in a supportive and affirmative environment.
- The XLC is a safe and confidential environment where the ideas and information discussed are focused solely on our collective improvement and are not to be shared or attributed to members or their organizations outside the circle.
- The XLC is not a place for product or solution promotion, but rather collective support, shared creation and solution development.
- The XLC as a learning environment does not advocate or look to speak as one voice (other outlets in the Institute community provide that opportunity), rather the XLC holds a safe place for divergent ideas and perspectives that can benefit all members of the group.
- Members commit to participate in and foster an environment of collaboration and an open sharing of ideas.
- Members come with a willingness to hear, listen to and strive to understand all perspectives.
- Members commit to honor and support civil discourse among members and others and recognize this is reflected in positive and constructive interactions, not negative and destructive communications.
- Membership in XLC is at the discretion of The Beryl Institute and if it is deemed a member is in violation of any of these principles, membership can be revoked.
If you are interested in learning how you can become part of the Experience Leaders Circle, please click here. For additional questions, please contact Rina Galehouse, Executive Administrator, at email@example.com or at 866.488.2379 x 706.