April 20 - 22, 2020 • Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek • Orlando, Florida
Call for Breakout Session Submissions
Submissions for breakout sessions are currently closed.
Participants will be notified by early October regarding conference selection.
Interested in recommending a speaker or suggesting a session topic? Let us know by completing this form here.
Submissions will be accepted in three categories:
- 60-minute Breakout Sessions include 45-minutes of content shared leaving a minimum of 15 minutes for Q&A. Sessions should be interactive and engage participants in discussion and/or activities beyond the Q&A.
- 30-minute Breakout Sessions are designed to be focused and concise sharing your ideas and achieving the learning objective(s) in 20 minutes leaving a minimum of 10 minutes for Q&A
- Poster Sessions are graphic presentations visually highlighting proven practices, sharing successful ideas, offering problem-solving solutions or explaining an innovative program. It illustrates your key points, findings and outcomes in graphics, photos, and diagrams using a small amount of text. Poster Session submissions are accepted in the following categories:
- General - representing general patient experience research or proven practices
- Patient Partnerships - representing projects that were joint efforts of healthcare professionals and patients/families
Key Considerations to the submission process include:
What will be learned as a result of attending your session? Submissions should include a clear description and learning objectives. Anyone reading your submission should have a solid understanding of the information that will be shared and what learning outcomes will be achieved. Consider why this information is important and how others will be able to use it.
- Who is your Target Audience? Provide a clear understanding of who will benefit most from your session. We are seeking a variety of content reflecting different care settings, professional role/positions and the development stage of your experience journey.
- What outcomes or impact has been realized? Sessions should include stories/case studies of how your facility or organization has made marked improvements sharing lessons learned, new strategies and practices identified. Sessions are focused on sharing ideas, practical tools, the process necessary with measurable outcomes illustrating improvements achieved.
- What is the practical story this session shares? Sessions should engage participants in the ideas you want to share, the learning objectives you offer and the potential takeaways you provide.
Special consideration will be given to submissions with patients and families serving as presenters and co-presenters.
- Sessions are not to sell vendor solutions. Consulting and vendor organizations are encouraged to submit in collaboration, co-presented with your client and framed as a case study to receive consideration.
- Selected speakers will be notified in October. The final conference schedule will be published once selections are made and speakers are confirmed.
- All presenters must register for the conference and will receive a discounted rate of $475 per presenting attendee (equal to 50% off the lowest registration rate).