The idea of community aligns strongly with the definition of patient experience that asserts patient experience across the entire continuum of care. This means to provide a true experience, you must think well beyond the physical nature of your facilities or practices to recognize the experience resides in the network of people that surround and are connected to your organization, both near and far. This is at its heart, the essence of experience. The experience you provide is a community story and one you must be willing to acknowledge, address and oftentimes, share.
The essence of patient experience thrives in much bigger ideas of community, which is why we have worked effortlessly in creating a true community of practice in The Beryl Institute itself. We recognize, through observation of the listserv discussions and feedback from member surveys, our members are seeking the option to engage with peers in a more personalized manner according to specific special interests, as well as an enhanced organized, streamlined way to discover, share and connect. As the Institute continues to grow and evolve, so does the communication and engagement needs of its patient experience member community.
We listened and PX Connect, the Institute’s newest enhanced virtual patient experience community benefit, is coming soon, replacing the current PX Listservs. Exclusively for members, this powerful virtual community will enhance the ways you engage, share and learn with the Institute’s patient experience community around the world. It has been designed with a simple focus: to share special-interest knowledge and resources through connection with your peers and other healthcare organizations focused on patient experience efforts to foster the creation of strong national and global networks.
The PX Connect community, will allow members to:
- Easily search for content, viewing calendars of events and deadlines.
- Share challenges and best practices in real-time.
- Get direct access to current information and timely news. Search and contribute to the powerful Library of patient experience resource models and samples designed to generate ideas and save your peers and you time from reinventing the wheel.
- Stay connected with participating Patient Experience Conference attendees and Learning and Professional Development course classmates.
- Engage with committee members real-time.
- View community content on any screen size or mobile device.
- Receive special recognition for contributions to the PX Connect Community.
- Create an instant infrastructure for patient experience communication across systems enabling their staff, key stakeholders, patients and family members to virtually engage, network and share knowledge through a private online community platform (Exclusive to Organizational Members).
- And more!
The PX Connect community will support your patient experience resource solution needs—and to celebrate and share in your patient experience victories. The community will also provide you with a virtual high-five and a shared laugh.
Thank you for your continued support of the Institute. Membership with the Institute shows that your organization is committed to creating market distinction by supporting a culture where staff at all levels have access to patient experience resources, show their understanding that patient experience is an integration of quality, safety and service and display a commitment to provide the best in outcomes for those in our care.
If you have any questions about your membership, or wish to have your organization join our patient experience community, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
Denise R. Weathers
Vice President, Membership
The Beryl Institute