The Patient Advocacy Community brings together individuals focused on contributing to a positive healthcare experience for patients, families and the community and who understand the importance of advocating for patients to ensure an outstanding patient experience.
The Patient Advocacy Community:
- Fosters relationships by giving you the opportunity to meet new people and exchange best practices
- Facilitates advancement to keep you abreast of the latest developments in healthcare patient advocacy while honing your professional skill set
- Inspires leadership that allows you to distinguish yourself as a trusted healthcare patient advocate
- Supports continued dialogue on the important issues of patient advocacy, patient’s rights and ethics in patient care
The community provides a collaborative space and venue for sharing ideas, practices, challenges and opportunities.
> Download Overview PDF
The Patient Advocacy Work Groups help support the work and provide direction for the community. There are currently Work Groups focused on:
- Awards and Succession
- Partnerships and Collaboration
- Regional Communities
A core piece for ongoing dialogue is the Patient Advocacy Community Gathering, which holds their annual meeting during the Patient Experience Conference. The primary purpose of the community gathering is to engage in facilitated discussion to share ideas, strategies and questions, and to provoke deeper thought around the patient experience.
The Beryl Institute’s Learning & Professional Development offerings includes a Patient Advocacy Listserv and may include Patient Advocacy focused content in the following:
- Topic Calls
- White paper
- Case Study
- On the Road
- PX Conference
- PX Learning Bites