|Certification or Certificate Program: What's Right for You?|
We receive many questions about the difference between Certified Patient Experience Professional (CPXP) Certification and the Certificate in Patient Experience Leadership, so we want to take a moment to provide more detail on both opportunities to help you determine the best path for you.
- Certified Patient Experience Professional is the professional designation awarded through successful completion of the CPXP examination. It is offered through our sister organization, Patient Experience Institute (PXI), for healthcare professionals or other individuals with a commitment and interest to patient experience improvement. If you have the required amount of professional experience and/or applicable Patient Experience Continuing Education (PXE) credits, you are eligible to take the certification exam. The inaugural exam window is December 2015.
- Certificate in Patient Experience Leadership is awarded upon completion of the full set of 15 Patient Experience Body of Knowledge courses offered through The Beryl Institute. Individuals interested in enhancing their knowledge and skills on patient experience can enroll in this certificate program. Course participants also receive PXEs for participation that can be applied towards certification or recertification as a CPXP.
Whether you choose CPXP designation and/or to participate in the Certificate Program, we applaud your commitment to personal career growth and overall patient experience excellence.
- Exam-based professional certification earned by achieving a passing grade on the CPXP Exam
- Applicants must have minimum 3 years of professional experience in a patient experience related role or experience in engaging in patient experience efforts or
- Completion of 30 Patient Experience Continuing Education Credits (PXEs)
- Learning-based certificate awarded at the completion of the coursework associated with the 15 domains of the Patient Experience Body of knowledge
- Approved for 30 Patient Experience Continuing Education Credits (PXEs)
- Most comprehensive overview of content to support preparation for the CPXP exam, but not required in applying for CPXP certification
A Guide to the Certified Patient Experience Professional (CPXP) Examination
This webinar provides a high-level overview for those considering or preparing for the Certified Patient Experience Professional (CPXP) examination being offered by the Patient Experience Institute. The webinar covers the CPXP classification system, reviews the eligibility requirements and explores suggested guidelines in preparing to take the exam.
> Access the recording
For inquiries about CPXP certification, contact Patient Experience Institute.
For inquiries about certificate programs, contact The Beryl Institute.