Institute for Healthcare Improvement
26th Annual National Forum on Quality Improvement in Health Care
December 7 - 10, 2014
Jason Wolf and some of The Beryl Institute Board Members will present a panel workshop, "A Dialogue on Improving the Patient Experience," on Tuesday, December 9th.
Participants in this interactive workshop will explore the realities of improving patient experiences. Through presentations and dialogue, including the perspectives of health care professionals, patients, and families, this session will address three aspects of patient experience performance: structuring experience efforts, invoking the power of patient and family voices, and creating solid strategy. Learning from the panelists and each other, participants will leave with actionable plans for their own organization.
- Discover the drivers of successful patient experience efforts, including structural needs, people, and processes
- Understand how to integrate patient and family voices into patient experience efforts and ensure strong partnerships to achieve the best quality, safety, and service outcomes
- Determine key strategic levers to use in patient experience efforts and collectively create strong pathways and plans for achieving success
- Alicia Cole, Executive Director, Alliance for Safety Awareness for Patients
- Barbara Lewis, Founder, Joan's Family Bill of Rights
- Tony Padilla, Chief Patient Experience Officer, UCLA Healthcare
- Carol Santalucia, Vice President, CHAMPS Patient Experience/Santalucia Group
- Jason Wolf, President, The Beryl Institute
For more information, click here.