Randi Redmond Oster
Recognized leader for Improving the Healthcare system to meet the patient needs
President – Help Me Health
Society for Participatory Medicine, Partnership for Patients and GE Six Sigma Quality Black Belt
Malcolm Baldrige Examiner
Randi Redmond Oster is the multi-award winning author of Questioning Protocol, which helps patients navigate the healthcare system and medical professionals understand the patient perspective. Randi spent the first 18 years of her career in GE working on complex aerospace systems and building profitable financial services businesses. The skills gained in GE empowered her to effectively navigate the healthcare system and find opportunities for process improvements, as she advocated for her chronically ill son in the hospital. Today, she is a Malcolm Baldrige Examiner focusing on healthcare and a leading speaker on healthcare reform, shared decision making and patient engagement.
Randi earned a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from Union College, and an MBA from Boston University. She has been selected a Malcolm Baldrige examiner and focuses on healthcare. Randi's writings have won awards and been published in leading medical journals. She holds certifications for the Affordable Care Act and a Six Sigma – Black Belt, GE. She is a frequent speaker and has been published in industry leading journals including JAMA.
- Customized Sessions: Ability to combine the patient experience story with corporate know-how to deliver a message to audiences that is engaging and actionable.
- What Patients Want: How to design your patient experience to meet the emotional needs of patients and improve outcomes and the bottom line.
- Healthcare Reform: What you need to know, NOW! Tips to navigate the system.
- How Do I Choose What is the Best Medical Direction for Me? Shared decision using tools from Six Sigma Quality programs that are easy to implement for a patient and loved ones.
- End-of-Life: Quality vs. Quantity of Time. Learn how one daughter helped her father achieve a beautiful end of life. Find out what questions are key to the patient.
Speaking Fee/Honorarium: Varies based on event
Videos of Randi:
Contact this speaker regarding available dates, fees, etc. by completing the form below. The speaker or their representative will respond to you directly.