2018 Patient Experience Consumer Study
Healthcare professionals have taken major steps to understand, measure, and improve the Patient & Family Experience. But do consumers really care about this? How do they see and define a positive patient/family experience? What matters most to them when they think about their own health and using healthcare resources?
The Beryl Institute’s inaugural consumer study explores consumers’ viewpoint on healthcare and the patient experience and how this fits into their broader set of expectations around health and healthcare delivery. The first of its kind global research, the study engaged 2,000 respondents from five countries representing four continents sharing insights from consumers of care on the patient experience – its importance, critical factors and value.
According to the research:
- Consumers confirm patient experience extremely important to them overall
- Far greater similarities than differences in consumer perspective both globally and generationally
- Patient experience is personal and connected to how people view their health outcomes overall
- Consumers affirm human interactions most important to them in assessing patient experience, followed by processes and then place.
- Of greatest importance to consumers is how they are connected with as human beings with a focus on listening, communicating clearly and being treated with dignity and respect
- Consumers confirm they see experience as the integration of all they encounter in healthcare from quality and safety to service, cost and more
- People easily recall their healthcare experiences, especially those positive in nature, and the top thing they do, for both positive and negative encounters, is tell others.
- Patient Experience is significant to the healthcare decisions of consumers
- Recommendations and referrals far outweigh everything else in making health decisions and choices.
The Institute will release a full report of the findings in early summer, highlighting the key results from this research.
> View the live recording of initial key findings announced at Patient Experience Conference 2018
In acknowledging their commitment to the patient experience movement, the inaugural consumer study is made possible with the support of Studer Group, a Huron Solution.
|PX WEEK WEBINAR*
April 26, 2-3 PM ET
The Patient Experience Consumer Study 2018: Insights and Opportunities for Action
Jason A. Wolf, PhD, CPXP, President, The Beryl Institute
Debbie Landers, Innovation and Product Leader, Studer Group
Hala Durrah, Patient/Family Engagement Advocate
Sean Rodriguez, Vice President & Advisor to the Office of Experience, Engagement and Organizational Development, Hartford HealthCare
C/L | PXS | M/M
In this interactive webinar, learn about the findings of The Beryl Institute’s 2018 Consumer Study and the implications for patient experience efforts reflected through the insights of 2000 consumers from across four continents. Discover consumers top needs and what drives their healthcare decisions today. Engage with a panel of leading healthcare thinkers from a professional, provider and consumer perspective on the implications and actions we can consider from these insights. Learn More>>
> Register Now
*This webinar is provided complimentary as part of Patient Experience Week. Space is limited. If the webinar reaches capacity, registrants will have an opportunity to join a waiting list and a webinar replay will be provided.